Friday, March 6, 2009

Peripheral Artery Disease Symptoms: Things To Think About

PERIPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE (PAD)
Many people don't have serious symptoms. I asked my doctor and he says that some people only notice pain in their legs. However, in reality, only half the people who are eventually diagnosed have symptoms, others do not.

The Legs
The most common symptom is leg cramps. But you can also have tingling and stinging in the legs and experience weakness. If I had a sore on my leg or foot that didn't heal, my first thought would be diabetes. But this also a potential symptom for PAD. The pain can also travel up and you can feel discomfort in your buttocks.

Other Important Body Part
I did not know impotence was a potential side effect. I hadn't thought about this but it makes sense. The disease effects blood vessels that supply blood flow to the lower extremities.

Peripheral Artery disease screening
is one way to help with early detection. But you can also start by investigating your own family history of illnesses and health problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment